Right at the eleventh hour, I finished my blog archive image for 2016. While pretty much everyone agrees that 2016 was a train-wreck of a year, I won't be able to join in with calling it the "worst ever." My daughter Suzanne was born early in 2016, so it was a special year for me, with a lot of new experiences and many special memories.
I make a list of projects each year and in 2016 I only got about half of my list completed. I'm basically going to just scratch out "2016" at the top of it and write "2017" and hope that I can finally finish off the rest of the list this year.
My loose New Year's Resolutions are:
- Spend less time on social media.
- Try to finish off projects working for other people so that I can free up more time for my own creative projects in 2018.
- Keep abreast of real news and do my small part to fight against injustice.
- Work hard enough to afford (and hopefully increase) the monthly donations my wife and I are making to the NAACP, the ACLU and Planned Parenthood.
- Spend as much time as possible with Suzanne.
A year ago today I launched my webcomic for kids, Isle of Elsi. I successfully posted a new page every Thursday this year (53 in all!). I am proud of myself for not missing an update. As I head into year two, I am trying out some new, smaller goals for my Isle of Elsi Patreon campaign. It was a quiet year for this blog, but only because I was busy writing two posts a week (Tuesday and Saturday) for the Backer Blog. I'm as proud of the content I'm generating in there as I am of the comic itself. Check it out!
I'm very close to being done with three different projects, including the next issue of Phase 7, so hopefully I'll have something new to blog about soon. In the meantime, Happy New Year, everyone! Have fun tonight because tomorrow 2017 begins and we all have a lot of work to do, to turn things around!